I don’t know why I would choose to write about hope but I feel an urge to do so. According to the Wikipedia hope is defined as the emotional state which promotes the belief in a positive outcome related to events and circumstances in one’s life. Despair is the opposite of hope. According to the definition am made to believe that at one point in time I lost hope, so I got despaired.Majority of us have undergone this.
However, according to the Holy Bible hope has been described as never a static or passive thing. This shall imply that having hope doesn’t mean you have escaped the reality. For instance, a patient battling with cancer will have hope for life but the cancer won’t have gone.If one lacks hope in life,he beckons death.
The greatest tragedy is when one fails to rebuild himself or herself after the despair. Herb Ammons,who is a motivational speaker offers a recipe on how to deal with such a situation: : http://www.herbammons.com/101-keys.html
1. The truth is that no magical answer will instantly reinstate your lost feelings. You are going to have to do some work to revitalize that feeling in yourself. The good news is that you can get it back, but it may take a bit of time. The key is to stay focused on the fact that you are going to be able to find it again.
2. One of the biggest reasons that people lose faith is that they get bogged down with all of the stresses in their lives. Rather than focusing on that take a minute to realize all of the good things that you have going on in your life. Keep in mind that these positives are not always large things, sometimes they may be simple and small.
For example, take a moment to be grateful that everyday when you come home you have a warm bed to sleep in. Noticing these small positives can help amplify the hope that you have within you.
3. Take a look at your situation. We’re talking a serious look here. Are there elements that are within your grasp to change? Are you unhappy because you feel like you are fat?
This can seem like a devastating situation, but the truth is that there are ways that you can take control of this situation. In fact, taking control may be just what you need to start to feel good again.
4. You must also put your issues into perspective. Often we lose our faith when we feel like our situations are of dire importance. In actuality many of the issues that you may be worrying about are small in comparison with the rest of the world.
For example, not being able to afford a vacation does not seem like such a big deal when you realize that there are people in the world who cannot afford simple necessities like food and shelter.
5. Hope also exists in a strong support system. You have people around you that love you and that are there for you. Too often we forget that. Lean on those around you because they want to be useful. Allow them to bolster you up, and return the favor when you can.
More than anything else, remember that each minute that passes is a minute that things can change in. You are not stuck in your situation. Everything in life is only for now.
So take a breath and decide where you want to be in life and then carve yourself out a path to get there. Taking the first step is the best way to regain the hope that you thought that you had lost.